• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Windows 8.1 Surface RT Tablet

Kenny D

PRO Member
I have tried to download the software to my new tablet but I get "this application won't run on this device" or something like that. It then tells me to go to the Windows Store. I have researched other posts and see where others are running Windows 8. My new tablet is supposed to be a "computer when you need it and a tablet when you want it". Am I out of luck on this one?

You're only out of luck if you want to install any software on it as it is designed to run only the apps that are already on it:

Windows RT 8.1: FAQ
Windows RT 8.1 is a Windows-based operating system that's optimized for thin and light PCs that have extended battery life and are designed for life on the go. Windows RT 8.1 only runs built-in apps or apps that you download from the Windows Store. Windows Update automatically keeps your PC up to date and Windows Defender provides up-to-date virus and malware protection.

It's mostly designed for email and browsing and it is great for that purpose. There are also some apps that you can get at the Windows Store that will run on Windows RT. My software is far too complex to run on the Windows RT system.
If I ever get the chance to write a browser-based version of the software, that would run on the RT, but it wouldn't have very many features.

Lloyd

Back