• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Adding & removing rings in Woodturner Pro changes other rings in the vessel ???

tgiro

PRO Member
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong with the software or is it in the OS or ? ? ?

Once I have a pattern set into a bowl or vessel design, if I add or remove rings under that design (between the design & the base of the vessel) it changes the rings containing the pattern. It appears to reverse the colors of the pattern.

Note the pictures -- I have set simple purpleheart circles inside a couple of bloodwood rings (1st picture). I then add a ring under the design and, as shown in the second picture, the pattern seems to reverse.

Is this the software - the Windows 7 OS - or (usually in my case) - the loose nut on the keyboard.

Thanks for great software, though. It has really shortened design time for bowls & vessels.

Tony

Attachments

• bowltest1.jpg
    bowltest1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 37
  • bowltest2.jpg
    bowltest2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 33
It may be a bug. I was able to duplicate the shift in the design also. I am working on an older pc with windows xp.

I don't know that I would classify this as a bug, but I know exactly what the issue is. To achieve the ring offsets, rows were rotated based on whether they were an even row or an odd row. This works great as long as you're adding rows. If you delete a single row below the feature ring(s), the rotation no longer works as you would expect. If you delete two rows, it is back to normal.

There is something that you can do if you do need to delete a single row, though. Delete the row that you want to delete (this will scramble the display) and then select the bottom row (usually a disk) and add a blank row above it. Then change the height of the new row to 0" and this will unscramble the drawing.

While we're talking about a zero height row, if you ever have the need to create a vessel where you want zero rotation for more than one row, add twice as many rows as you need and then Ctrl-click every other row and change the height of all those rows at the same time to 0".

The next release will make this unnecessary as I will be adding the ability to offset by something other than 50% of the prior row and change the logic of how rows are drawn. While this sounds like it should be simple, it affects more than 50% of the source code.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Lloyd

Back