• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Indian Blanket

Wayne Miller

PRO Member
Does anyone have a Lam Pro design for an Indian Blanket that they would like to share?
I'm just not sure how to start this.
thanks in advance, Wayne

Go to the front page and you will see a tutorial on it. I have not had a chance to try it yet,but I am really looking forward to giving it a try. I have done quite a few using Malcom Tibbettts method. They come out well but it is really time consuming. Good luck with it and share your thoughts.

Jim, I am looking for a .lam file so that I have a place to start my design. I can't figure out how many strips and cuts etc. in order to start refining a design.

Jim, I believe the Indian Blanket design that Wayne is referencing is Malcom Tibbetts turning "John's Turning". He shows how to construct the presentation ring in his DVD #2. Although I think I follow Malcom's instructions carefully, my completed projects always have a good deal of room for improvement. But, I like the design and will try it again sometime soon.

I have Malcolm's book and DVD and I see how he did it. I see here in this forum that it can be done using the SW design portion of LamPro. what I'm looking for is a .lam file from anyone (Lloyd ?) who has done it this way or at least has a design that can be manipulated. Thanks

Hi Wayne,
yes, you can make the identical design in Malcolm's John's Turning using the SW Design mode. When I get home tonight, I'll make a file for you and will take some screen shots. I think you'll find it to be good alternative to the stacked wood process as you simply make a 1st generation design and cut it into strips. The key is getting the center strip cut at the right demension.
Lloyd

Wayne,

I made a tutorial for this process and have just posted it. It is in the 'Software Tutorials' category. HERE is the link.

Enjoy,
Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd. This will become a high priority as soon as I finish the never ending improvements to the shop. Hopefully next week. Wayne

Back