• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Real basic question

David Moore

PRO Member
I spent the last half hour fooling with this and it seems so simple. I haven't used Woodturner Pro for a while And I'm trying to get back into it. I can't figure out how to change Rows. I am using the page up key on my keyboard and nothing seems to happen. Thanks if you can help. I am a longtime Mac person and I find using Windows to be completely frustrating!

It is not the page up key but the up/down arrow keys on the key board.
or you can use the mouse and double left click on the row you want
or you look at the top left of the screen for the row box. next to it is a up/down arrow. by clicking on either the up arrow or down arrow the selected row will move up or down.

Hope this helps.

It is not the page up key but the up/down arrow keys on the key board.
or you can use the mouse and double left click on the row you want
or you look at the top left of the screen for the row box. next to it is a up/down arrow. by clicking on either the up arrow or down arrow the selected row will move up or down.

Hope this helps.

I don't think this ASUS laptop I am using has any up/down arrow keys. If I do control page up it does make the ring thicker. The arrow keys in the upper left screen box are dimmed so I can't seem to change rows that way. Oh, and this laptop doesn't have a mouse only a keypad. Thanks in advance for any ideas you have!

David,

What is the model number of your ASUS laptop? There has to be left and right arrows and I can figure it out if I get that information.

Lloyd

David,

What is the model number of your ASUS laptop? There has to be left and right arrows and I can figure it out if I get that information.

Lloyd

It is Eee PC Flare Series. It is a cheap laptop I bought just so I could use it for woodturner pro. I do have right and left arrow keys. I just don't seem to have up and down keys. I had this working a few months ago. Just seem to be having a senior moment and can't get it to work now.

David,

The four arrow keys at the lower right of your keyboard should function as normal PC arrow keys unless you first touch the FN key before touching the up and down arrows at which time they work as page up and page down. If this is not what you are experiencing, you might look at the keyboard setup. To adjust the keyboard layout, go: Control Panel==> Regional and Language Options==> Languages==> Details. I don't have access to one of these computers so I can't tell you what you'll find at this point.

Lloyd

David,

The four arrow keys at the lower right of your keyboard should function as normal PC arrow keys unless you first touch the FN key before touching the up and down arrows at which time they work as page up and page down. If this is not what you are experiencing, you might look at the keyboard setup. To adjust the keyboard layout, go: Control Panel==> Regional and Language Options==> Languages==> Details. I don't have access to one of these computers so I can't tell you what you'll find at this point.

Lloyd

Well we are making progress. The problem isn't with the arrow keys. I opened an old WTP file and was able to use the up and down arrow keys. My problem seems to be that when I take a file (from Jim Rodgers website) and open it in the Design portion of WTP and then move it to Woodturner Pro I get the shape of the vessel but it only shows one ring. I was trying to use the arrow keys to create the additional rings and that didn't work. So I guess my question now is how to I add the rings?

David,

At the bottom of the left column you should see a button marked 'New Row'. It is possible that your notebook's screen does not have a high enough resolution to show this button. If that is the case, though, you can also hit your Insert key (usually marked Ins).

Lloyd

David,

At the bottom of the left column you should see a button marked 'New Row'. It is possible that your notebook's screen does not have a high enough resolution to show this button. If that is the case, though, you can also hit your Insert key (usually marked Ins).

Lloyd

The Insert Key did the trick. Thanks so much for your help! Really appreciate it.

Back