• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

teak

justover7

PRO Member
Hello:
I might be able to get some teak lumber at a real good price. Has anyone ever used it for turning? If so what are your comments? Thanks...................

If you ever get offered teak for free, you have to grab it - even if you don't use it for woodturning.

It is awfully dense, though, and not easy to turn and you will need to sharpen your tools often. Nevertheless, you should look for opportunities to use it outdoors such as bird houses, finials, etc. Just be sure it isn't Ipe which looks like teak and has similar properties. When you turn it, though, the shavings come off as fine yellow dust that carries from the shop into the house and is really bad for you if you inhale it.

Back