• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Louis Norley

Louis Norley

PRO Member
I just started making segmented vessels and find it fascinating. I needed some type of computer-generated software to help me design the projects I want to make. Woodturner Pro/Seg Pro. and Lamination Pro were the answer. I tried making designs on graph paper but they just didn't look right and I used a segment calculator downloaded from the Internet but I still had difficulties. Now I can plan my designs and actually "cut" and see my creation.

I'm retired civil servant, 35 years as a Consumer Safety Inspector with USDA.

I'm enjoying my "golden" years.

Welcome to WTP Forums.
Like you I find Lloyd's software to be an excellent tool for designing segmented vessels. Easy to make changes and let the software do the calculations.

Things to keep in mind when using SP.
- Decide on how many segments per ring you want. If you start painting a design and decide to change the number of segments the counter gets messed up. The cut list will not be accurate.
-SP is rules based and in its current form limits what you can do with individual ring

WTP gives you full control over each ring.

have fun. Ask questions and take advantage of the gallery and share some of your projects.

Last edited:
Okay, I've noticed that modifying rings in Seg Pro is difficult but in WTP you can make your rings anything you want. Lamination pro is pretty straight forward and the only problem I see is regluing the parts to make your design. Lamination Pro provides instructions on how to cut your design and arrange the pieces. That for me is great! I've used all the software purchased, WTP, Seg Pro, and Lamination Pro.

How do I post a picture of a project?
If you have an image in a format like jpeg you can use the Insert Image. (Ctrl+P)
That will bring up a pop up window. click on the drop image or click here.
That will bring up Windows File explorer. Navigate to where you have the image file.
Select the image file.
It should make a copy and post it in the post box you are using.

Back