• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
  • Due to a scam attack, the gallery is temporarily turned off. I am working to get this fixed but I have some other things that are higher prioriity. I do hope to have it back soon and there shouldn't be any changes to the content. At least, that is the hope.

New to Forum

Gord Rock

PRO Member
I have been woodworking for many years but since discovering the woodturning addiction I rarely do any flatwork. I have been making segmented turnings for quite a few years, always drawing my projects on graph paper. While I enjoy doing it that way a friend talked me into purchasing all of the Woodturner Pro software packages. I'm sure it will speed up my efforts once I make it through the learning curve and will offer a number of options for design. I also am a fan of video editing and have a YouTube channel showing my methods. Recently I got bitten by the Laser Engraving bug and want to learn how to incorporate that with my turning. Wish me luck!! ;);)

Welcome to WTP forums, Gord.
Looked at your YouTube channel. Nice information.

WTP is great. Gives you full control of each ring. SP is rules based and limits on what you can do with some of the rings.
Take a look at the videos. Keep in mind that some of the WTP videos may be a bit dated and mention some features that re no longer used in the software (Grid function for one).

Ask your questions. There are people here to help with the software.

Thank you very much! I'm sure it's nothing compared to what other turners with this software can do!

Great to see you here Gord! I've been a big fan of yours for years. You do beautiful work without the software so I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Frank

Great to see you here Gord! I've been a big fan of yours for years. You do beautiful work without the software so I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Frank
Thank you very much, Frank. I think this is going to be very interesting. I have resisted for a long time but after watching ThePapa1947's recent video I decided it was time to take the plunge. I can see that there is a large learning curve but that happens with every software I buy!

Thank you very much, Frank. I think this is going to be very interesting. I have resisted for a long time but after watching ThePapa1947's recent video I decided it was time to take the plunge. I can see that there is a large learning curve but that happens with every software I buy!

Bet you will find that WTP is very easy to learn and use.

for me SP took a bit longer because of it being rules based.

I got the software several years ago and got pretty good with it but I haven't done any segmenting for at least a year. I want to get back into it but other things keep coming up. Hopefully soon. When I first got into segmenting I watched all of your videos. They taught me the importance of accuracy and made my work much better. I especially liked the sanding jig you used.

You are too kind, Frank. I haven’t used that sanding jig since I discovered the Wedgie Sled by Jerry Bennett. I love that thing! Thanks again for the kind words.

Back