• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

new to forum

Greetings I am quite lost with all this computer stuff - I only down loaded Segment Pro, two days ago. I find it very exciting. I am not sure where I can ask some questions, as silly as they may be - eg in my summary, I see some rows are called "accent" and some well most are called " closed", canm someone please explain the significance of these titles.

I am new to segmented turning. I have been turning platters and segmented turning will allow more freedom with designs.
Welcome to WTP forums. Hope you enjoy SP. it does a great deal of the planning for you and has a great paint feature.
SP is rules based. With that said it limits some things you can do with individual rings.

WoodTurnerPro is the older program. It gives you full control over each ring.

Both programs are great for designing segmented vessels.

Greetings I am quite lost with all this computer stuff - I only down loaded Segment Pro, two days ago. I find it very exciting. I am not sure where I can ask some questions, as silly as they may be - eg in my summary, I see some rows are called "accent" and some well most are called " closed", canm someone please explain the significance of these titles.
Hi Doug.
- Take the time to look over the vids in the tutorial sections.
- Ask your question regarding the SP software in the SP section.

As far as your question about rows.
- A Row is a completed ring. It is defined by the number of segments, the segment height and the outside and inside diameter of the ring.
Rings can be closed or open. A closed ring is a ring with no gaps between segments. An open ring has spaces between segments.

- An "accent" row/ring is generally a ring above and below the featured ring. They may also be the top and the bottom ring of the vessel. An
accent ring generally made with a different color wood. Accent rings are used to define and highly the rings between them.

A featured ring is a ring with a pattern design that is the highlight of the vessel.

There are some good books out by Malcolm Tibbets or Ray Allen that explains design and features of a segmented vessel.

Back