• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
  • Due to a scam attack, the gallery is temporarily turned off. I am working to get this fixed but I have some other things that are higher prioriity. I do hope to have it back soon and there shouldn't be any changes to the content. At least, that is the hope.

Graphics

jw23ea15

PRO Member
Hello everyone, New to using Segmented/ woodturners Pro. My question is that when I open either program my graphics vies is all mess up, or does show what it looks like. I use a Dell notebook with 1120 x 1080 resolution 120hz and RGB graphics card. Is there a setting that is not correct or something else?
Your help is appreciated.

Jon

Not sure what you mean by "my graphics vies is all mess up" mean.

- From what you posted it looks like you can open WoodTurnerPro (WTP) and you can open SegmentPro (SP)
is that correct?
- Let's discuss each program separately to troubleshoot.

This is what you should see when you first open up WTP.
Is that what you are seeing when you start WTP?
1671161921923.png

All of Lloyd's software is windows based. In the past I ran the software on an old XT machine. From a web page about SP

Screen Resolution: The desired screen resolution is 1920 x 1080 (also referred to as 1080p). If your computer/monitor has less than this (many older laptops have 768), a vertical scrollbar will allow you to scroll the GUI.

Windows Version Supported: Segment PRO will run on any Windows 11, 10 and 7.

Sorry about the misspelled word (vies) should of been view. I'm going to attached a PDF file of what I was talked or trying to explain. Also, is a PDF of how my graphics card is setup. I'm running windows 11 home edition and the processor is i7. As far opening the programs, I can open all four parts, 3D, Laminate, woodturners pro and segment pro. No issues except when they try and display the graphics display on the right side of the screen. From what I see my computer meets all the requirements.

Can you Help.

Jon

Attachments

• SegPro screen.pdf
    104.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Displayu settings.pdf
    37.7 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for the pdf. An image is worth a 1000 words. :D
- Are you having the same issue with WoodTurnerPro and 3DDesign?
If not, then it is a SP issue.
- Have you tried completely uninstalled SP and reinstalled the program, restarted the PC and then start SP?
- This may be a case of sending Lloyd a email / private message or phone call.

First I have seen this for SP. My pc's are still running Windows 10.

Have you tried downloading one of the users json files, importing it into SP to see if the view display is still messed up?

I installed Segment Pro and get the same results. I also tried Lamination Pro as well 3D Design Pro, all is Ok. Don't have any projects for Woodturner Pro so can't Tell.
I've attached the new screen using Snagit.

Attachments

• 2022-12-16_16-04-54.pdf
    163 KB · Views: 7
Just found the Dizzy bowl example and it runs perfect in Woodturners Pro. Seems to be a Segment Pro problem.

Jon

Just wanted let you know that I uninstalled everything from the new computer and reinstalled all on my old computer (which is short in life, could go anytime). All parts of the package works fine, tells me it could be Windows 11 or the new computer, I'm leaning towards Windows 11. This is not the first program that has trouble running in windows 11.

Jon

Thanks for the update. This will have to be something Lloyd would need to address. None of my pc's are running Windows 11.

Just found the Dizzy bowl example and it runs perfect in Woodturners Pro. Seems to be a Segment Pro problem.

Jon
Hi Jon,

It isn't a Segment PRO problem, it is a problem with the Intel Iris video solution. It happens on any program that renders in 3D using Iris. Fortunately, the problem is well known by Intel and they have released an updated driver but it hasn't made its way to the Windows Update or to the computer OEM manufacturers.

First, your computer may have a second video card already installed. I believe the Intel Iris is software based and so computers (including laptops) often come with a hardware video solution which will work fine. When you look at your Device Manager which is part of the Windows Computer Managment application, look at the Video Adapters and if there are two entries there, you have a second solution.

If not, you need to update your video driver FROM THE INTEL WEBSITE ONLY. This is the only place that currently has the driver that works properly. Start here:

Begin by clicking on the 'Get Started' button.

I do not have a computer with Intel Iris so I cannot tell you what to do. I only know for fact that this is the problem and the fix is available.

Please let me know what worked for you so that I can give better information when this next occurs.

Lloyd

p.s. There is also a page that has a few beta drivers at Intel. Follow this link and look at the bottom of the page. I would first try the latest driver from their standard drivers but if that doesn't work, try the beta driver. If that still doesn't work. let me take a look at it using Zoom screen sharing.

Last edited:
There were four Intel drives that needed to be updated, done and everything is running like it should.

Thanks for the advise.

Jon

JW.
Glad the update drivers solved the issue. Because you asked the question about windows 11 it is something I will look for when the Woodclub gets new computers.

Have a good one.

Windows 11 has gone through many patches and upgrades. I plan on trying to install the problem ones and see if the needed updates were my problem.
As always you and your staff have been very helpful and knowledgeable. Thank fisher for me.

Jon

Back