• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

San Antonio, Texas

Robert Cox

PRO Member
Hi. Robert from north of San Antonio, Texas here. Finally took a segmented bowl class at Woodcraft and our mentor shared Woodturner Pro with us with a strong suggestion to buy the full suite. So glad I took his word. A whole new world is now open with the tools to make really cool stuff! The picture is what we made is class. The jig is what we used to cut our segments. We also got the plans for it as a part of the class. What a great way to spend that day!

Attachments

• Segmented Bowl.jpg
    Segmented Bowl.jpg
    790.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Jig3.JPG
    Jig3.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 6
Welcome aboard.
Nice vessel from your class.

You can try all of Lloyd's software for free for 30 days.
WTP is Lloyd's first segment software. WTP give you full control of each ring.
Segment Pro is Lloyd's latest and is rules based. It cuts down the time to design a bowl, but limits some control of rings.

Take the time to look at the tutorials on the software. Enjoy turning.

I already bought the full package. I knew it was what I wanted from what our instructor/mentor showed us. Playing with the packages a little now, and will be linking up with Lloyd for some tutoring in a few days.

Been turning several years, mostly pens and etc. Just now starting to get serious about bowls and segmenting. Just a few short years until retirement will give me lots more shop time!

Building up my equipment now while still working. About have the basics. Never will have "everything I need". Currently I have a Nova 1624-44, a generic mini lathe from Harbor Freight that I use for polishing wheels, a pen lathe, full size bandsaw, table saw, drill press, grinder, planer and a host of other woodworking tools. Also mounted PVC pipe under my tall shelves to slide my gouges and chisels into so they are out of the way but easy to reach. The difference between men and boys is the cost of our toys!

Welcome aboard.
Sounds like you have a nice shop. If you have room a drum sander is useful in flattening rings.

I have a planer that works for flattening rings. Also I have a benchtop belt sander that can help get segments to mate up more exactly. I think a drum sander may be something I have to due to available space. I think I need to expand outward by about an acre!

Attachments

• back center.jpg
    back center.jpg
    789.6 KB · Views: 5
  • back corner.jpg
    back corner.jpg
    881.2 KB · Views: 6
  • End wall.jpg
    End wall.jpg
    865.3 KB · Views: 5
  • front wall.jpg
    front wall.jpg