• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Help with basic definitions in software

C

Craig Allen

I am Extremely new and ignorant and I am getting confused as I try to learn “Segment Pro” terms and how they relate to my newly made wedgie sled and stop block.
Am I correct in understanding “S.E.L.” as the length that I set my stop block to?
And is the “board width” simply the measurement that I use in setting up my table saw in cutting strips of wood to be cut on the segue sled?
I know anyone reading this is getting a big laugh, but I’ve got to start somewhere and I really love this “club”.

You got it, and I did smile. One thing I find every important preparing the wood.

Yes, you are correct. The SEL is the distance from the blade to the stop block measured at the segment angle.
Make sure when setting the stop block for the SEL measure along the fence angle.

- After setting up the sled, cut off one end of a scrap piece of wood. Using a digital caliper I mark the SEL on the test strip, place the strip against the fence and align the mark to the blade. Then cut a test segment.
- check the cut segment SEL with the calipers and make adjustments if necessary. Cut another test piece and check sel. if it is good your set to go.

Thanks to both of you. Now I am on my way and to impressing my friends and family.

Back