• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Can't find a table cap? Try this instead.

E

EFreedus

I could not find a table cap anywhere locally including large plumbing suppy companies. So.... the MacGiver in me came up with this.
A standard 1.5 T connecter does the trick.
Lay the T on it's side, hold the "base" of the T and slide the "top" of the T along the fence on the bandsaw. It makes a nice straight cut. You can see in the first photo where I made the cut. A little sanding removed the "hairs" that remained.
Then I drilled and countersunk two holes. Though attached with only two screws, the flats on either side of the arch keep it steady.

Attachments

• P1010396.PDF
    142.2 KB · Views: 143
  • P1010397.PDF
    111.7 KB · Views: 106
  • P1010398.PDF
    170.7 KB · Views: 111
I like this idea, Eric. Since you're using the band saw, it is safe and certainly saves time and money. The table cap itself isn't bad at $1.80, but adding $5 for freight makes if a little expensive.

It's not quite on the order of shorting out a missile timer with a bent paper clip, but it's very MacGiver-like and I always like that.

Lloyd

modification to the T connector alternative

I had to add a modification to the T connector alternative. The table cap with the 1 1/8" hole drilled through gave the upper "centering guide" something to "bottom out" against. The T connector, with its wider opening, allowed it to pass right through. While the connector bottomed out against the underside of the table to which the plunger was screwed, it wasn't always centered. So I added to the T connector. I cut a section of the original pop-up sprinkler and cemented it (using transition cement in case it wasn't PVC) up against the underside of the "arch" of the T connector. Then I drilled the 1 1/8" hole into that and drilled through for the screw holes.

Attachments

• P1010399.pdf
    208.6 KB · Views: 66
  • P1010402.pdf
    114.7 KB · Views: 43
  • P1010404.pdf
    141.8 KB · Views: 44
http//www.formufit.com/1-1-4-pvc-table-cap/ This is where I ordered my table cap from. IT is in Olathe KS and shipping was only about $2. It came to about 3.50 for one.

Back