• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

CNC Open Seg easy plates out of HDPE

bostonlives

PRO Member
I was looking to make some open seg plates for myself and a friend wanted the 48-2L, but dia 15.5". I have never cut HDPE on a CNC and wanted advice on if to use a single flute bit to do so and what speed and feed you would use for setup through vcarve.

I would suggest
For bits 1/4” – 1/2” diameter RPMs at 18,000-20,000 and the feed rate at 150-250 IPM (inches per minute).
If you get melting you may need to slow down the feed rate and or rpm

Cut path should be no deeper that the diameter of your bit you are using.

Here is a couple bits that do a good job. I have heard for plastic cutting a single flute is better.

Amana Tool 51405-K Spektra Coated SC Spiral O Single Flute, Plastic Cutting 1/4 D x 1 CH x 1/4 SHK x 2-1/2 Inch Long Up-Cut CNC Router Bit with Mirror Finish

Amana Tool 46202-K SC Spektra Extreme Tool Life Coated Spiral Plunge 1/4 Dia x 3/4 CH x 1/4 SHK 2-1/2 Inch Long Down-Cut Router Bit

I have made open and closed wedgies on my CNC but instead of HDPE I made mine out of Laminate flooring I had left from doing the bathroom and laundry room floor. They cut just like cutting hardwood

Back