So I did my first few glue ups. I used the seg-easy sled to cut my segments and most of the rings went together the first time. A few I had to fine tune using the half ring method. My problem is with glue joints between rings. I have a drum sander so I ran everything through the drum sander to make sure everything was uniform and all of the tops and bottom of the rings were flat. One vessel did just fine, the other one appeared fine during the glue up. I used a home made segment stomper, and as I was turning it, there are 2 rings that did not glue all the way around and I can see daylight though about 1/5 of the side of the ring. I can't figure out why it happened, or exactly how to proceed. I can try and fill it with shavings and CA like non segmented turners would do, or I am wondering if I can part that ring off on the lathe and try and re flatten it and glue it back on. Other than that, it is a decent looking piece and I hate to throw all that work away.