Seattle Wa

habibnejad01

PRO Member
Hi, is there anybody on this board lives around Seattle in Washington. If so, is it possible to mentor me for couple of hours on segmented vise, thanks-Habib.

mfisher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry. I live in Arizona. I would suggest seeking out any local woodturning clubs for hands on. If it is questions on software or construction tips there are many here that can help you.

habibnejad01

PRO Member
Hi Habib, welcome o the forum. You have any questions I'm sure there will be someone here to answer it
Hi, thanks. I try to turn inside a segmented vise, but no matter what I do it catches so bad that it scares the hell out of me. I have those carbide tips and fingernail gouge. the thickness of pieces are 3/8" and it is not possible to ride the bevel of the fingernail gouge.

habibnejad01

PRO Member
Sorry. I live in Arizona. I would suggest seeking out any local woodturning clubs for hands on. If it is questions on software or construction tips there are many here that can help you.
I am trying to do that, unfortunately the club do not have any body that does segmented bowl.

Bob Beaupre

Administrator
Staff member
Try using your carbide in a negative rack position. Turn the tip of the tool down. It will become almost impossible to get a catch. the tip of your tool will be below the top of your tool rest. I hope I explain this good enough. If not let me know and I'll make a sketch

Bob Beaupre

Administrator
Staff member
Remember you put a lot of work in design, cutting your pieces and gluing them up. Take little cuts it's not a race to get it turned.