• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Gluing up individual segmented pieces.

Richard Bruce

PRO Member
What are some good ways to clamp the glued individual pieces of a ring together? I have tried different size metal clamps according to the size of the ring, rubber bands, tape etc. open to all suggestions. Thanks for the help

I have tried hose clamps, rubber bands, etc. like you have. For some of my projects where I am doing 36+ segments per ring I end up gluing pairs to eventually make half rings. All of these glue ups are just held together for 15-20 seconds by hand. I only clamp the two half rings when joining them.

I have not had much problems with bad joints with that method.

Thanks for the input. I have thought of doing that but I'm working on a piece that has 96 segments and the arthritis in my hands make's it uncomfortable. I think I'll have to do the pairs like you said and just do a few a day until I complete each ring. Thanks again.

Look up Earl Rasmussens Small Segment Shop on Youtube. He has an interesting noose type rig he uses thats pretty easy to use and build.

I have done up to 72 segment rings and don't use any clamps. I do them 1/4 ring at a time, then connect 2 into a half, and then the 2 halfs together.

Back