LaminationPro not saving all settings to file

Discussion in 'Lamination PRO Support Forum' started by Ed Korsberg, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Ed Korsberg

Ed Korsberg PRO Member

I have noticed that when you configure settings in the Southwest view such as Strip Width, Center Strip, Strips, and Export region size that these settings are not saved to the .lam file. Thus upon exit and reload of this saved file these 4 settings are not reloaded. This should be an easy software fix to include those settings. If not maybe I could help add this feature.

2. mfisher

mfisher Super Moderator Staff Member

I would suggest you send Lloyd a PM, email or give him a call to discuss this.

What I noticed is I can save a SW design, open another LP file , then go back an open the SW design and the settings are correct. It is when I save a SW design, exit LP (that is close the program), reload LP and open the SW file that the design setting are not correct.

Looks like it would be a good update.

Ed Korsberg likes this.
  3. Ed Korsberg

Ed Korsberg PRO Member

I assumed Lloyd would be monitoring these forums?

4. mfisher

He does. Yet he does travel some. My suggestion was to make sure he receives the suggestion.

5. Lloyd Johnson

Lloyd Johnson Administrator Staff Member

I do monitor the forum but I’ve been over my head with projects lately and haven’t had enough free time to do monitor it as I should. I also wrote the forum and am on the board of Segmented Woodturner and I don’t monitor that site like I should either. :-(

You’re right, Lamination PRO has some fields that were added later that doesn’t store some information. It’s on a pretty long list of things that need to be done but which I haven’t gotten to yet.

This is something I will move to the top of the list, though, as it really should be there.

Thanks for reminding me and I’ll let you know when it is done. Hopefully I can get to it this week.

Lloyd

6. mfisher

Thanks Lloyd.
    Hope I didn't over step in suggestion they email you. I know your very busy. Just trying to figure out the best way to bring things to your attention.

Besides that is what you have Bob and me for to help monitor the site. lol

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  7. Ed Korsberg

Ed Korsberg PRO Member

I had offered to help somehow in the coding/testing of this software as a volunteer. I did look at the format the of LAM file and see that it is XML. I once wrote a nice C# module that would serialize (save to disk) and deserialize (load from disk) all salient properties of the application in XML format. Basically you just define a collection of attributes and it creates the XML for you.

8. Lloyd Johnson

Lloyd Johnson Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, Mike and suggesting someone email me or call me is always a good answer.