• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Cutlist

sevansx

PRO Member
Did I read somewhere that our plan could be imported into some kind of Cutlist? Or, is my brain in the fog?

Not sure exactly what you are asking. WTP and SP has a cut list.
WTP cut list is the cutting summary view. The file can be exported to excel as a csv format
SP cut list is in the Summary. SP also has an export function to create a excel file.

Brain in a fog. Drink more coffee. :)

Doesn't look like SP or WTP will import into cutlistplus. As stated both will export an excel file.

For segment projects I have found the info from WTP or SP to be adequate. I just mill up my stock to width. The layout is just done by measuring and laying out width lines. Years ago I looked at cutlistplus for use in layout cut lines for a bench project.

Doesn't look like SP or WTP will import into cutlistplus. As stated both will export an excel file.

I use a free (Yay!) cutlist program that juggles the required pieces from the available stock. Find it at Title: Cut List.

I let SP generate the excel files and use it to add enough length to each stick for a handle. I also combine more than one file (different # of segments per row, for example).

Once I have my final sticks needed, I copy them into a cutlist file and watch it figure out where to get each stick. The process really cuts down the time "wasted" at a desk and gives me more time in the shop.

I have found over the years that my vessels designs use similar widths 0.5" - 1.0" and thickness of .125"-75",excluding the featured ring. A still work mostly in maple and walnut. Because of that I just mill up a number of boards to the width and thickness. What I don't use will get used in the next project. It most likely wastes more than what you do, but it works for me.

Back