Red Rectangles on a row

Discussion in 'Segmented Turnings Forum' started by sevansx, Jun 13, 2018.

1. sevansx

sevansx PRO Member

In the vessel view, my image shows one row appearing as a smaller diameter with a red rectangle pattern on it. What is it's purpose? How do I remove it? In the cutaway view the image looks normal.... Later .......I just clicked the Profile Snap button and the rectangle disappeared and the ring returned to its correct size. I do not understand the Profile Snap button's purpose. I could not find anything in the Help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  2. mfisher

mfisher Super Moderator Staff Member

I downloaded your WTP file. I noticed Ring 04 (red checkerboard) is smaller than your profile. The red boxes are a warning that your ring is not what it should be.
    You are correct than when you snap to profile the (red) goes away. I would snap to profile and then save your wtp file. Exit WTP, go back in and open the file. When I did the vessel view has the ring at the profile setting and no red boxes.

I also noticed that when I opened your original file the cut away view showed as ok and the vessel view had the red boxes. I can't explain that. That would be one for Lloyd.

Attached Files:

3. mfisher

To answer your question of the what is the purpose of the snap to profile function is.:
    It is a quick way to have the program snap rings to the inside and outside profile you imported from 3DDesign.

A - shows the profile as imported into WTP from 3DP
    B - Shows quickly building rings vertically to the top of the profile
    C- Shows after clicking snap to profile all of the rings at once are "snapped" to the profile.

Attached Files:

• A.jpg
      A.jpg
      File size:
      167.2 KB
      Views:
    • B.jpg
      B.jpg
      File size:
      187.5 KB
      Views:
    • C.jpg
      C.jpg
      File size:
      186.2 KB
      Views:
  4. sevansx

sevansx PRO Member

Thanks MFisher!!!!

5. mfisher

Your welcome sevansx.
    One reason I like this forum. We all can share what we know and learn together.