• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

tornado vase

Dion,
Your email to me had more details and so I gave a detailed reply to it, but I will post it here for the benefit of others.

In the email you specified that you were making a Tornado Bowl and so here was my reply:

The Ring View is really for painted segment bowls only. There isn't a reason to use the ring view for Tornado Bowls because every ring is identical.

When you go to the Storyboard with a Tornado Bowl, the first thing you have to decide is how many bands you want. A band is the 'repeating unit of species. For example if you are making a bowl with 16 segments per ring, you might want to have four bands. 16 divided by 4 means that each band will have four segments and each of those segments can be made from any of the 10 species of the pallette. When you select four bands with a 16-segment ring, you will be presented with four drop-down boxes to specify what species you want to use.

The software will allow you to select any number of bands that can be equally divided into the number of segments. For example, with 16 segment rows, you will be able to select 8, 4 and 2 bands. If you select 8, each band will be made up of two segments and you will be shown two fields, and so on.

If you select four bands in a 16-segment ring and select walnut, walnut, maple and cherry, you simply need to layout the segments in the ring using walnut, walnut, maple and cherry and repeat that four times. As you can see, there is no reason to print a Ring View that would show you the identical layout for every row.

The Summary has one field named 'Species' and that is the default species for that row. If your default is Maple, Maple is still going to show as the default species for every row, even if you select four species for that row and none of them are Maple. In the individual species, though, if there are 16-segments in the row, it will show you 8 segments of walnut, and four of both maple and cherry for a total of 16. And for each of those, it will show you how long the board needs to be in order to cut that number of segments from it.

Back