1. Congratulations to Roger Meyer - the winner of the drawing for Handmade Christmas 2017! Your #2 Hunter Osprey is on its way. Thanks to all for entering. Another contest will be held soon.

Rings View

Discussion in 'Segment PRO' started by Hotsticker, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Hotsticker

Hotsticker PRO Member

When I click the rings tab and save the file it will open up and show all the pages but there is no cutting instructions on the bottom of the page as you show in your video.
  2. Brett Niland

Brett Niland PRO Member

Hmmm. I never noticed that on the video, but you are right.

I’d suggest you print the summary page, or export it to excel, manipulate it for your reading preference then print it.

Since I cut everything at once it works really well for me to have all the cut instructions in front of me on a single page. I can just take the bags of segments for each ring to the glue up station and use the rings pages info to arrange the segments correctly.

3. mfisher

mfisher Super Moderator Staff Member

WTP ring view has the ring information on the page. SP does not. SP ring view is more of a guide for laying out the pattern.
  4. Hotsticker

Hotsticker PRO Member

Yes but in Lloyds video on "Summary and Rings View" you will see that in the rings view it shows segment info at the bottom of the page of each ring and Lloyd also points that out in the video.
  5. Hotsticker

Hotsticker PRO Member

Check out the video tutorial "Summary and Rings View" at 6:39
  6. mfisher

mfisher Super Moderator Staff Member

I am pretty sure Lloyd is aware of the missing data. I remember reading something about the ring view / data somewhere. He also stated in the vid that the ring view is not to scale and it is for laying out of the pattern only.

Hopefully Lloyd will bring the info back in some update in the future.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018