• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Greetings from VA

woodturnerVA

PRO Member
I am Pete and I have been doing segmented turning for about 1 year. I have, from time to time, lurked on the forum and gotten interesting information. I decided to try open segmented and so, here I am.

Well welcome and thanks for posting, that's how you will get the most out of this forum. As you probably know this is a great place to get your questions answered, so if there anything you have questions on please fell free to ask.

Welcome to WTP. If you haven't tried the software it is worth the free trail. WTP or SP are great for designing segmented vessels.

I actually have the software packages. That said, I have been unable to get Segment Pro to open. I tried reloading to no avail. I tend to be somewhat technologically challenged so I could use some coaching on how this works. Woodturner Pro opened.
THANKS

I actually have the software packages. That said, I have been unable to get Segment Pro to open. I tried reloading to no avail. I tend to be somewhat technologically challenged so I could use some coaching on how this works. Woodturner Pro opened.
THANKS

What PC operating system are you using? SP is Windows based. I have not had any problems with SP running on Windows 10.

Are you getting any error messages? If so what are they reporting.

You might try uninstalling the program, then reboot your computer and then re-download the program (sometimes they get corrupt when downloading) and then re-install

I just deleted all 4 programs from the computer. Then I reloaded from the backup disc. 3 of 4 work fine. Segment Pro keeps asking for the disc and then gives me a "fatal error" message. Now what?

I just redid the above and followed your instructions to the letter. All 3 other programs started up fine. SegPro did exactly what it did previously. It acts like it wants to start, asks for the disc source, then shows "Fatal error during install"

I just deleted all 4 programs from the computer. Then I reloaded from the backup disc. 3 of 4 work fine. Segment Pro keeps asking for the disc and then gives me a "fatal error" message. Now what?

If I am reading this correctly you are loading the programs from a disk.(backup). Have you tried deleting SP, download SP from the website and use that install file..

You should install the software from the website as that is always the latest version of the software. I am positive there is nothing wrong that Segment PRO that is on the website as it has not changed in months and it gets installed many times every day.

I’m going to want to see for myself what the problem is so could you give me a call sometime tomorrow (Monday)? I’ll use screen sharing to be able to see what the issue is.

You can call me at 503-781-5117. If I’m out on my walk, I’ll give you a call back.

Lloyd

Spotting the issue was simple. I ran Segment PRO as Administrator and everything worked normally which told me that permissions were the issue. Without standard permissions, the software couldn't even write to and folder in Documents > Segment PRO which prevented the software from initializing. Changing the permissions of the logged-in user to what they should have been made everything happy.
Easy, peasy.

Thanks for posting the solution Lloyd. It is one to keep in the back of the mind if the question comes up again.

Back