• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Newbi Here

R

Robert Brown

Hi everyone! Just got the software and a new lathe. We have named the lathe the beast! I live in Piedmont, Oklahoma and started learning to do segmented turning from a local Master turner. Looking forward to learning how to use this software.

I am sure I'll have a bunch of questions, but looking foreward to making some beautiful pieces!

Thanks! I have some Honduran Mahogany and curly Maple I want to use on the first piece that I make using this software.

Welcome to the forum. No matter the expertise one has, we all are still learning. The forum is a great place to ask questions, share tips, and in the gallery post some of your work. Hope you find the software as useful as I have. Take the time to look at the vids Lloyd has made for the various software. They answer a lot of questions.

It has been stated before. Segment turning is habit forming. You have been warned. lol.

Thanks for the welcome! I got this software the same day I powered up the new lathe and will be enjoying segmenting.

Welcome Robert, the forum is full of people with lot of experience and willing to help. No question is to small or stupid, sometime those little thing can make a BIG difference.

Some warning about Honduran Mahogany and curly Maple. The Honduran Mahogany is way softer that the Maple so it cuts way different, so when turning it and the maple take very little bites. The curly Maple, is great but if you run it thru a thickness planner, since the grain runs in lots of directions you will get some tear out.

Ant the BIGGEST disclaimer is:

WARNING WARNING WARNING:
Segmented turning can be VERY adicting

Don't say you were not warned. :)

Back