• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Hello

Doug K

PRO Member
I apologize for being so slow to post anything. I greatly appreciate the warm welcome to this site and the kind offer to help with a first design. I hope some day I can contribute and not just be a learner. I am going to start with viewing the tutorials and go from there. Thank you again and I'll try to keep in touch more often.

A little back ground.

I retired in 1998 and moved to Las Vegas. I have dabbled in woodworking all my life and decided to do custom woodworking. For the next 10 years I had more than I could handle and was happy to see requests drop of when the housing bubble burst.

Since then I have just tinkered with my own projects which are still to numerous to mention. (Normal status for all woodworkers I know!!)

I had built a wood lathe to make components for customer projects but never took turning seriously. A couple years ago I saw an article in one of my magazines on segmented turning which looked interesting.

Since I never threw out any of the cut-offs from lumber used on projects I was well stocked for segmented turning.

Since seeing that article, I searched out information on segmented turning and found many articles and videos that helped me get started. I have made a half dozen or so segmented items and really enjoy the designs that can be made.

I am anxious to get started with this program so I can design items with more complex features.

Regards, Doug K

Welcome aboard.
As it has been said, segmented bowl making is addictive.

Your off to a good start. Lloyd has put together some great vids on the software. As Bob stated, we are all still learning. The fun about a forum is we can share and learn together.

Any questions , don't hesitate to post.

Welcome to the group. Between the WoodTurner Pro suite of programs and Segment Pro you have all the tools you will need to make just about any design you want. If you haven't looked into it yet you might want to check Jerry Bennett's Seg Easy site. Title: Seg-Easy Solutions

Was our custom woodworking architectural, cabinets or furniture?

Back