• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Hello from Taylor, Michigan

A

Alex Mack

Hi everyone. I'm brand-spanking new here and thought I'd say hi to everyone. I live near Detroit and have a 3-car garage to putt around in. I dabble in a few woodworking projects - mainly pen turning, bowl turning, and I've tried a couple of segmented bowls. The segmented bowls look OK, but simple. I'm impressed with the open segment concept and think that this is my project.
I also have a small CNC that I run in the background while using the lathe. It gets a 2nd project worked on while I'm turning.

Well, that's all for now.
Thanks,
Alex

Alex, welcome to the forum.
Be aware that this segment stuff is VERY addicting.

This is the place to be. Ask all your questions and you WILL get answers.
There is a LOT of talent here and everyone is willing to help.

Again welcome to the forum

Welcome to the group. I agree with Bob segment stuff is very addicting but so far I've been able to resist open segment bowls. Ask if you have any questions, post if you have help or tips and above all have fun.

Welcome to WTP. If you haven't check out the software. They all are great tools for designing and building segmented bowls.

Thanks for the welcome, guys. mfisher, I'm definitely looking at evaluating Segment Pro, but it has to wait until I get ready for two upcoming craft shows. I'm a computer geek by profession so I like having any software that makes my day easier.

Alex,

One of the things you need to evaluate is the new Pricing Module I build into the software. It still needs work, but I designed it so that a prospective customer could work with you at a craft show to help you design a custom segmented turning that you would make for them. The pricing system will show you the price of a bowl in real time. It is based on a number of factors and you are in charge of assigning a value to these different factors. When you show the customer what their price will be, there will be simple changes you can make to bring the cost down or add complexity which will add cost but still may be what the customer wants.

It will also create a quotation that you can save and email to the customer.

Welcome to the Woodturner PRO community.

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd, I will definitely look at that also. It sounds like great feature!
-Alex

Back