• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

bowl

1. IMG_4469.JPEG

IMG_4469.JPEG

Latest segmented pieces I have made. These were patterned after Tom Lohmans Interweave Bowl. The tall one has 1/4" rings, mid size bow has 1/8" rings, and short bowl has 1/16" rings. Approx 10.5" diameter. Species of woods is Walnut, Maple, Yellow Heart, Cherry, Lyptus, and Heat Treated Ash.
  2. IMG_4465.JPEG

IMG_4465.JPEG

Latest segmented pieces I have made. These were patterned after Tom Lohmans Interweave Bowl. The tall one has 1/4" rings, mid size bow has 1/8" rings, and short bowl has 1/16" rings. Approx 10.5" diameter. Species of woods is Walnut, Maple, Yellow Heart, Cherry, Lyptus, and Heat Treated Ash.
  3. IMG_4460.JPEG

IMG_4460.JPEG

4. Charles Broadbent

Greek Key feature ring

I wanted to build a distinctive feature ring and and took it as a challenge to construct maple greek key design (continuous line) against a dark chechem background. The bowl is about 12" across and about 6" high. The combination of chechem and maple created some challenges, as the chechem is...
  5. Dizzy Vase

Dizzy Vase

I've seen some Dizzy Bowls and wanted to apply the technique to a vase. I also used a glass tube in the vase so that it would be a usable project.
  6. "Eagle Bowl, my attempt"

"Eagle Bowl, my attempt"

An amazing journey in learning. Thanks to Lloyd for all his help and suggestions.
  7. Glenn McCarron

My Eagle Bowl attempt

After a number of emails back and forth with Lloyd I have decided to try to reproduce his amazing Eagle Bowl. I have spent many sessions trying to figure out the actions to produce the eagle and I think I have finally wrapped my head around it. I want to make mine about 10 inches in diameter and...
  8. Fourth of July Bowl

Fourth of July Bowl

My second segmented bowl. This is ash and spectra ply.
  9. Nut Bowl

Nut Bowl

Nut Bowl turned from Karaka wood 300 mm dia x 35 mm high
  10. Rimu Chip And Dip Bowl

Rimu Chip And Dip Bowl

Rimu potato chip and dip bowl with ceramic insert 320 mm in diameter x 75 mm high.
  11. Totara Bowl

Totara Bowl

Totara bowl finished off with Teak oil 150 mm in diameter x 150 mm high.
  12. Segmented Fruit Bowl

Segmented Fruit Bowl

Segmented fruit bowl turned from Red Oak and Fijian Kauri 260 mm diameter x 90 mm high
  13. Staved 3D bowl

Staved 3D bowl

The bowl has 8 staves made from White Pear and has a diameter of 245 mm and a height of 95 mm. The vertical spacers are made of Bubinga and so is the upper rim. The bottom is made of Bubinga, Imbuia and Beech 'diamonds' that were held together with small rubber bands before being glued together...
  14. 3 D Bowl

3 D Bowl

3 D Segmented bowl 200 mm in diameter x 90 mm high
  15. Fruit Bowl

Fruit Bowl

Segmented fruit bowl turned from Kahikatea and Fijian Kauri 280 mm diameter x 90 mm high..
  16. Segmented Bowl

Segmented Bowl

This bowl is made from of African White Pear and the Southwest (SW) inserts are made of Bubinga, Beech and Imbuia. The frame demarcating the SW inserts is 2 mm thick American Walnut. The dimensions are: Height = 140 mm and Width = 208 mm.
  17. Segmented Bowl

Segmented Bowl

Segmented bowl made from Walnut, Cherry, and Maple. 48 Segments per row x 22 rows - 1056 segments. Each row is 0.25" high. Bowl is 6.5' high x 7" diameter.
  18. Segmented Bowl

Segmented Bowl

Bowl is one of a set of three identical bowls. Segmented Bowl made from Walnut, Cherry and Bloodwood. 48 segments per row x 23 rows - each row is 0.25" high. 1100 pieces total. Bowl is 6" high x 6.5" diameter.
  19. Tangential Bowl with lid

Tangential Bowl with lid

The tangential bowl was made according to the method of Robert Craig (American Woodturner Magazine, August 2014) but 20 segments were cut conventionally on the table saw with the blade angled at 9 degrees. The wood is a light Imbuia and the white and dark inserts are veneer. The dark lid and...
  20. Oval Bowl

Oval Bowl

This oval bowl was made according to the method described in the book of Malcolm Tibbetts except that the legs were turned and installed afterwards. The light wood is African White Pear and the dark wood is Imbuia. The dimensions are: Length = 290 mm, Width = 195 mm, Height = 95 mm.
Back