Search results

1. Pete M

Wedgie-Less Sled

Now accepting orders for the wedgie-less sled. The cost will be $150 plus shipping and tax if required. It is currently available with 10, 12, 16, 20, 24, 36, 48, 72 and 144 segment rings. It is machined from 11/16 baltic birch with a phenolic coating (SHADES OF BROWN MAY VARY). The sled...
  2. Pete M

AAW 2020 Symposium

I am absolutely thrilled to be chosen as a demonstrator at the 2020 AAW symposium in Louisville KY. June 4th - 7th. I look forward to seeing you at my demo's on Vortex Bowls and Finishing.
  3. Pete M

Perfect Miters

Just wanted to share this, perfect miters in corian. White will show the smallest gaps. This ring is typical for the entire piece, 21 rings when done.
  4. Pete M

Wedgie-Less Sled For Sale

Now accepting orders for the wedgie-less sled. The cost will be $150 plus shipping and tax if required. It is currently available with 10, 12, 16, 20, 24, 36, 48, 72 and144 segment rings. It is machined from 11/16 baltic birch with a phenolic coating. The sled includes a UHMW miter track runner...
  5. Pete M

Ring Centering and Clamping

Redesigned my ring centering and clamping fixture. It now has two air cylinders. The one below functions like the stomper and the one on top is a press for gluing. It also utilizes a longworth chuck. I will be doing a demo on this in St Louis next Oct.
  6. Pete M

Scroll Saw Circle cutting Fixture

The fixture was designed for bowl from a board especially vortex style. The fixture is made from 12 mm phenolic coated baltic birch plywood and measures 15" X 14-3/4". The pin holes are precision drilled for exact ring diameters and will cut a very nice circle, the text is engraved. There is no...
  7. Pete M

Wedgie Sleds For Sale

I will make the sleds to order, The cost is $85 plus shipping. They are CNC machined from 3/4" Baltic birch and un-finished. This is for the sled only, Aux table (shown) and wedgies not included. Toggle clamps (not shown) can be added to both fences for an additional $30. The cutoff table sells...
  8. Pete M

General Finishes Design Challange

Took 1st place in the segmented turning category with Vortex No. 1. Posted a picture a few months ago.
  9. Pete M

Custom Species

I added a custom species bit map stretch to fit 1" X 1". Tried to paint into a 12 seg. ring and got the following message" REPEAT VARIABLE CANNOT BE EQYUALLY DIVIDED INTO YOUR SEGMENTS PER ROW". What am I doing wrong?
  10. Pete M

New Member From Alabama

Hello to all! I have been turning wood on and off for about twenty years. I have been focused on segmented turning seriously for about two years. I am active in the Alabama Woodturners Association and Segmented Woodturners as well. My residence is in Calera Alabama which is about 35 miles south...