Search results

1. Arlin Eastman

Comment by 'Arlin Eastman' in media 'F97EEF23-58D0-4777-AC29-04A14E316552.jpeg'

I do not know what to say about this one but the word "Striking" comes to mind. The color combo is marvelous.
  2. Arlin Eastman

Hi You All

Boy that is a nice piece there. Looking forward to seeing more.
  3. Arlin Eastman

Comment by 'Arlin Eastman' in media 'Closed - open bowl continued'

Now that is pretty with soft colors that blend very well. 5 stars here.
  4. Arlin Eastman

New member here

I sent you a private message.
  5. Arlin Eastman

Hi John I do not get around much my wife does the driving since the bombing due to meds and...

Hi John I do not get around much my wife does the driving since the bombing due to meds and brain damage. I was going to ask Ed if he would donate some pen kits and other turning stuff like S&P shakers and key chains but forgot. When I have any funds left over I buy what I can since I supply...
  6. Arlin Eastman

New member here

Welcome John I love PSI and MLCS and have ordered often. I teach disabled vets how to turn and I am always running out of kits and when I have the funds I order from PSI. My very first lathe was the 10" commander but ended up giving that to one of the vets after I was greatly helped in buying...
  7. Arlin Eastman

Looking for a bandsaw sled jig that someone made that is like the accu-slice

Mike I have to admit I have been working on this for a few years and needed an example on how someone else did theirs. Having brain damage limits me quite a bit.
  8. Arlin Eastman

I got my bearings from Ebay and I use this to advance the plate or width of the wood to be cut. Bearings - Title: 10 pcs 1621 ZZ metal shield ball bearing, 1/2x 1-3/8x 7/16 inch | eBay To advance the sled or to determine thickness of wood...
  9. Arlin Eastman

So do you work for a magazine or other publisher?? I have been making notes but nothing really. I was on my 3rd revision and now the 4th. I do not want to do anything in writing yet since some may change.
  10. Arlin Eastman

I am almost done with mine. It is a lot like the accuslice sled but way different at the same time. Maybe I should say same concept with the advance like theirs but trying to make it so everyone can make it from common materials or ebay stuff. I had to put it off for a few months so I could...
  11. Arlin Eastman

Dave from S. Dakota

Are you anywhere close to Rapid City? I was stationed at Ellsworth for a time and loved the area. Welcome and hope to see what you make.
  12. Arlin Eastman

Comment by 'Arlin Eastman' in media 'Open Segmented Bowl'

Another project I like you made. Can you PM me how you cut the angles on the staves.
  13. Arlin Eastman

Comment by 'Arlin Eastman' in media '0AB65E08-1A1A-4AA3-B301-8C8F8D5172FD.jpeg'

I do not use Cool but will with this one. Big Thumbs up here.
  14. Arlin Eastman

Comment by 'Arlin Eastman' in media '350CD0AF-B623-4073-A45F-0CC32772BC53.jpeg'

I love how you added the Yellowheart to it like that.
  15. Arlin Eastman

Comment by 'Arlin Eastman' in media 'Shazam'

That is a zinger project for sure and I love it,
  16. Arlin Eastman

Thickness plainers

Tim If you would like to build a sort of like planer but a thickness sander you can use your Lathe for that. The lathe would spin the roller kind of like a spindle sander that has several lengths of spindle. I know you can buy a 9" and even make your own out of wood to any length you wish and...
  17. Arlin Eastman

Faux segment decoration

That looks really nice. Well done.
  18. Arlin Eastman

Bill from Belen NM

Welcome Bill Was in NM many times with the Air Force. There are a LOT of great open segmented stuff here and they are great. I know all of the guys will answer your questions.
  19. Arlin Eastman

Could you send me a PM and I will give you my email so I can download it. Thanks you

Could you send me a PM and I will give you my email so I can download it. Thanks you