• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

design a bwl frm a bd...

Lloyd,

Any word on your new Bowl-from-a-Board software and jig plan?

Lloyd,

Any word on your new Bowl-from-a-Board software and jig plan?

Hi Mark,

Have you considered focusing on some of the other amazing things you can do with Lloyds currently available software?

May I suggest you check out the integration of SketchUp into Segmented Woodturning, it is a wonderfully challenging facet of this discipline we enjoy and incredibly useful.

A quick search on youtube for "bowl from a board" offers up plenty of inspiring opportunities.

Tim

Mark,

When I made the post about the jig and software for Bowl in a Board, I thought I had retired. Unfortunately, past clients had other ideas for me.

I am now turning down (almost) all new opportunities and so I am now focused on Woodturner PRO. I'm starting with new video tutorials and I have several in the works right now. A new website is also has moved higher on the priority list.

With regards to BiaB, I do have the software 90% designed and it is what will make the jig so easy to use. The jig itself will not be easy to make without a CNC so releasing the plans only doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

So the bottom line is that failing to retire when I thought I would put me six months behind, but I'm back on track again. One lesson I've learned again, though, is to not talk about software and products until they are ready to go.

Lloyd

I would be interested in a software function to plot the circles and profiles then output a cutting plan so I can get the right amount of wood for it. Some of the projects I need to do involve cutting more than one board to get the profiles I want. Im working on one right now that cuts from four different boards to create half a sphere. Took a bit of head scratching to get there.

Gary:
While I have not done a typical bowl from one board like you can produce on a ringmaster. I have made a dizzy bowl from multiple blanks. Title: SW Dizzy Bowl

Design your vessel in 3Ddesign, Build the vessel in WTP. WTP gives you the outside and inside diameter of each ring. (or you could use SP). Export the summary list as a text delimited file. Import into excel. There you can sort by diameter. You can figure out how many rings you can get per blank.

Hello, I have Segment Pro & Woodturner Pro. Can I use either program for measurements when making board bowls? Thanks for your help.

Hello, I have Segment Pro & Woodturner Pro. Can I use either program for measurements when making board bowls? Thanks for your help.

WTP and SP in its current form is not set up to calculate a bowl from a board as typically done on a ringmaster or scroll saw.
Tom Lohman's plywood bowl from a board.
http://detroitareawoodturners.com/uploads/3/4/8/5/34854207/bowl_from_a_board.pdf

What WTP or SP will give you in a design is the Outside Diameter and Inside Diameter of each ring. You can export the summary sheet from WTP into a spreadsheet program like Excel. Using a spreadsheet you can determine how many rings you can get out of each board.
Title: SW Dizzy Bowl

Hope this helps.

Back