• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Finishing

Richard Bruce

PRO Member
I have noticed on several gallery posts that the finish on the projects is mirror like in it's reflection. So my question is what are the favorite types of finish used and how are they applied? I know a good clean surface and smooth surface is needed, but I can get the finish I'm looking for. Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Glad you could go to the symposium Bob. It would be great if you and others could share what you learned for those of us that were unable to make the trip.

I have noticed on several gallery posts that the finish on the projects is mirror like in it's reflection. So my question is what are the favorite types of finish used and how are they applied? I know a good clean surface and smooth surface is needed, but I can get the finish I'm looking for. Thanks in advance to all who reply.
Ok thanks

I promised to share some of the finishing information that was presented at the symposium.

Attached is the PDF copy of the powerpoint presentation that Pete Marken used during his presentation.

All the other information I have will be posted on Segmentedwoodturers.org website under the members area.

So if you want to see it you will have to be a member.

And if you here and serious about segmenting there is no reason you are not a member, it only $25.00 a year, you do not have to be a member of AAW and there is a great forum there, plus a extensive projects section with help files on all sorts of subjects. We are always updating the website with new information.

Attachments

• Wood Turning Finishing Process.pdf
    437 KB · Views: 51
This is a post I just made over at segmentedwoodturners.org

This is another great reason to join segmentedwoodturners.org

I am going to direct this post to mainly our new member and those that are new to segmenting or those looking for a new challenge in segmenting.

At the top of this page in the menu bar you will see a menu item "Projects".

I have just ported all the information in it over to our Word Press side of our website.

There is a wealth of information there posted by some of our members.

By porting it over to Word Press side of the website I am able to give you a preview of what is in each PDF.

Please use this resource, there is information on dozens of segmenting processes and styles

Last edited:
Bob, where is this "Projects" menu????? I don't see it on this page or on segmentedwoodturners.org???

Last edited:
New video on Segmentedwoodturners.org YouTube Channel

Your going to like this

Johnson Brothers play Billy Joel

Segmenting Symposium 2018
St. Louis
October 13 Banquet
Lloyd, Lyle and Irv Johnson entertain
the 240 people in attendance
with the program
"If Billy Joel was a Segmenter"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA23Pa73s8I

I promised to share some of the finishing information that was presented at the symposium.

Attached is the PDF copy of the powerpoint presentation that Pete Marken used during his presentation.

All the other information I have will be posted on Segmentedwoodturers.org website under the members area.

So if you want to see it you will have to be a member.

And if you here and serious about segmenting there is no reason you are not a member, it only $25.00 a year, you do not have to be a member of AAW and there is a great forum there, plus a extensive projects section with help files on all sorts of subjects. We are always updating the website with new information.

Thanks for all the help. I will take all your advice. I will sign up when I get back. thanks again

Back