• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Segment Pro vs Woodturner Pro

M

Mike Goldfine

After designing a few vessels with Segment Pro it seems to me that Woodturner Pro allows more flexibility and user friendliness

A vessel designed in WP can contain rings with different numbers of segments. In that way, high count segment rings can be placed where you want to create detailed designs and fewer segments for one color rings. For example; a recent design I did in SP required almost 3,000 segments while the same design with fewer high count rings that had no affect on the design required only about 1,000 segments in WP. That's a lot less work! Additionally it is also easier to save/retreive and print the summary sheet, rings views, etc.

These observations are based on my very limited experience to date. It isn't my purpose to knock Segment Pro in any way. I'm guessing that both programs have their advantages depending on the desired design, but I would appreciate if those of you who have experience with both programs could point out to me the advantages to SP that I might be missing, or at least your favorite features.

I would add that I have watched the tutorials on SP, although I can't say that I've used every feature or am totally aware of all the possibilities it offers.

imo, WTP and SP have different target users. You are correct that WTP gives more control over the design. SP makes it easier to "paint" a design. Lloyd has a good vid on the differences.
I use both in some of my designs. Starting with SP, then rebuilding in WTP for making changes to the rings.

That is what I did Mike, first using SP to get the design and then redoing it in WP. I can see that SP would be the best program where the design pretty much covers the whole turning. I agree that using both programs for one design can be a useful strategy.

Back