• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Printing a project

sevansx

PRO Member
I just printed all pages for my project. Some of the rings are larger that 11x8 paper. Is there a way to make the print fit on a page?

Skip....

WTP prints an exact size ring. I don't believe there is a way within the software itself to have it print to one page. What information are you needing from the ring view?

I use ring view as a guide for glue up for a pattern involving multiple species. Sometimes I just have WTP running on an old laptop with the ring view on the screen. If I want a hard copy, you could :
- Go to ring view
- On the top tool bar (towards the right size) is a drop down view percentage scale. Select a % that has the ring view that fits the screen.
- On the keyboard push PRTSCN (to capture the image to the windows clipboard)
- From here you can start up WORD and do a control v to paste the clipboard image into the word processor.
Then print the page out.
- Or you could use an image program like IRFANVIEW (its free), do a control v to paste the image in the software, crop it if you like and then print it out.
Title: IrfanView - Official Homepage - One of the Most Popular Viewers Worldwide

Thanks Mike. You say you have an old laptop in the shop and have a copy of WTP on it. I also have a laptop in my shop. Can we install a copy of WTP on a laptop without violating our license agreement?

Last edited:
I just printed all pages for my project. Some of the rings are larger that 11x8 paper. Is there a way to make the print fit on a page?

The Rings View should all be an identical size each one fits on a single PDF page. I don't see how some pages would go to two pages and others would not because they should all be the identical size It is possible that you are printing it on A4 paper and I didn't have the ability to test that paper size.

It is just a PDF file, though. If you are using a PDF client like Adobe Reader to print it, you can scale it to make sure it fits on a single page by going to the Page Setup box and scaling the image to 95% or something like that. It also could be as simple as reducing your print margins by a bit.

Please let me know if this does appear to be a page size issue.

I have since gotten a different printer. I still have the same issue. Your quote"The Rings View should all be an identical size each one fits on a single PDF page" is not happening. I have verified that the paper source is 81/2x11. It appears each ring is trying to print full size.
I am attaching the file. Maybe someone can see an error I am not seeing. I have also attached PDFs of two rings. I changed the image size I work with and you can see the results.

Skip.....

Attachments

• Image 2v2.wtp
    19.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Rings.pdf
    618.9 KB · Views: 9
The Rings View should all be an identical size each one fits on a single PDF page. I don't see how some pages would go to two pages and others would not because they should all be the identical size It is possible that you are printing it on A4 paper and I didn't have the ability to test that paper size.

It is just a PDF file, though. If you are using a PDF client like Adobe Reader to print it, you can scale it to make sure it fits on a single page by going to the Page Setup box and scaling the image to 95% or something like that. It also could be as simple as reducing your print margins by a bit.

Please let me know if this does appear to be a page size issue.

Lloyd: Correct me if I am wrong. Sevensx is looking at the ring view in WTP. I thought WTP ring view produces an image the exact size of the ring. It is SP ring view that produces the pdf file that the rings are all the same size. The SP ring view is more of a guide for the pattern. While WTP can be a guide for the pattern and size.

Back