• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Hello from Illinois

M

MidwestMan

I'm a new member here. Arlin Eastman mentioned your website. I'm a bowl turning guy.. but sort of new at it. Been making bowls for about a year, now that I'm retired/laid off from the career.

Was a telephone tech... now... I make shavings... does anyone need any shavings? lol

I haven't tried a segmented bowl, but I will have to investigate the software everyone is referring to, perhaps it will inspire me to try something, in the segmented bowl world.

I don't know if it's just me, but I really like leaving the pith IN the bowls I make. I think it looks cool. Here's a couple of examples.

N5GhSL.jpg

Here is a closer look at the walnut bowl, and overexposed to show the pith better,

b8sEQM.jpg

I'll be floating around from time to time,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the Woodturner PRO Community! It looks like the woodturning bug bit you good and that is a good thing. Depending on the wood, including the pith in a solid turning can add a lot. With some species, though, the thing that it adds is cracks. One of my favorite woods for including the pith is Norfolk Island Pine. With that wood, the pith always goes through the center of the base and the knots from limbs are all at the same elevation so they radiate from the center. If you haven’t seen one of these bowls, do a Google search. It is fun to turn Norfolk Island Pine to very thin walls where you can see the light shining through.

In addition to the woodturning bug, there is a segmenting bug making the rounds that also tends to bite pretty hard. Not everyone loves segmenting, but those that do become passionate about it.

Take care, and check in when you can. You’ll find a lot of great people here that are also passionate about helping with the software and with teaching skills.

Lloyd

Welcome to WTP forum. Nice solid turnings. I also started out doing solid turnings. Then I got into doing segment bowls. Segment bowls adds so much more to what you can do in designs. I have even done bowls were the top and bottoms are solid and a featured segmented ring is added.

As Lloyd mentioned turning habit forming. So is segmented turning. Try Lloyd's software. It easy to learn and makes designing segment projects a breeze. There are a lot o very good turners here. Ask questions. There are people here to help.

Welcome MidwestMan. Good to see some other Woodnetters joining here!

FrankAtl

Hi Joe, welcome. A lot of friendly people here. If you have any question please ask, you will most likely get multiple answers. We are all learning so no question is to small.

I'm a new member here. Arlin Eastman mentioned your website. I'm a bowl turning guy.. but sort of new at it. Been making bowls for about a year, now that I'm retired/laid off from the career.

Was a telephone tech... now... I make shavings... does anyone need any shavings? lol

I haven't tried a segmented bowl, but I will have to investigate the software everyone is referring to, perhaps it will inspire me to try something, in the segmented bowl world.

I don't know if it's just me, but I really like leaving the pith IN the bowls I make. I think it looks cool. Here's a couple of examples.

N5GhSL.jpg

Here is a closer look at the walnut bowl, and overexposed to show the pith better,

b8sEQM.jpg

I'll be floating around from time to time,

Joe

Welcome buddy I am glad to see you here and signed up. I am very sure you will like it.
Did the link I provide work ok?

Welcome buddy I am glad to see you here and signed up. I am very sure you will like it.
Did the link I provide work ok?
Thanks for the welcome Arlin. Yes, all the links, you've sent me, worked just fine.

Back