• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Hello, New to the forum and need help printing

Hi all! Thanks for the tip. I have watched all the video tutorials. There really are all understood without knowledge of the language. THANK you!!!!!!!!! I will learn it first!

Thank you. I'm only two years ago became interested in lathe work on wood. Do so mainly in the segment of the product. All by hand. I am very interested in the works of Lloyd and other members of your forum. The product is wonderful. So I became interested in computer program Lloyd and device for segments.

You will like it. It helps with the artistic part of the design and the math is all done by the computer

Happy New Year! Guys, again need help. In the trial version, the Segment Pro the project made bowls. The measurement metric. Chose the thickness of the segments 3 mm. In a circle of 90 segments. The width of the segment of the first row of 2.5 mm. Began to glue. Adhesive Titebond 2 (blue label). The room temperature is 23 degrees Fahrenheit. Put a total of ten segments, when I saw that the first pasted segments began to bend the arc and they began to break away from the base. How to deal with this? Is there any way of retaining the segments in place? Can they be attached to the surface for some time? How do you do in such cases?

WOW Chen, those are crazy small pieces.

Two things I see if you are working at 23 degrees Fahrenheit, that is well below the chalk temperature of the glue and it will not hold. Titebond the chalk temperature is 55 degrees Fahrenheit. So you need the wood and the glue above that temperature for the glue to work correctly.

Second, I have had this happen to me also, when you apply the glue to such small pieces of wood, the wood absorbs water from the glue and the pieces will warp. The only way around that is use a glue that sets up quicker, use as little glue as possible and physically hold the piece in place until the glue sets.

This is what Titebond says about chalk temp.

Chalk Temperature When glue dries, the loss of water pulls the adhesive particles together with enough force to form a continuous film. If the drying temperature is below a critical point, water evaporation is not sufficient to pull the particles together, leaving them in the joint. The dried film in the joint will appear whiter than normal. This is known as "chalking" and the critical temperature is the "chalk temperature." When chalking occurs, the glued joint loses strength and could result in a failed bond.

Дорогой Боб! Пожалуйста, простите меня, я действительно смущен. Миллиметры до дюймов, сантиметров до футов и т. Д. Температура в моей комнате составляет 23 градуса, а не Фаренгейта, но все еще в градусах Цельсия. Опять же, пожалуйста, простите меня - смущенный. Для клея я не понимаю - я думал, что маленькие кусочки дерева насыщены водой и деформированы. Пришлось привязать их к основанию дна.

И извините за мой английский. Но это не я. Переводчик Yandex так переводится.:)

No problem.

Even small amounts of water introduced to those small pieces can cause them to start to warp, has been my experience.
Also, you will find just the cutting will release some stresses that are built up in the wood and they will warp after cutting.

Yes, you are right. I have already noticed. I prepare material for woodworking. Happy New Year and merry Christmas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back