• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Segmented pens?

Tom Steiner

PRO Member
As I am new to wood turning, I am enjoying trying everything. I have tried a segmented travel mug for my wife. It didn't work, but will try again.

However, I have also turned a few pens. I guess they could be considered segmented.

segmented 2.jpgsegmented 1.jpg

Hope you like them.

Would appreciate any tips, tricks, techniques.

Thanks,

Tom

Those are definitely segmented Tom, and they look very nice. Keep up the good work.:cool:

This pen is very simple to make and if anyone is interested let me know and I will put together a how to.

Kerf, I am with the wife out of town for the weekend at one of here shows. When I return I'll put something together.

Probably better than I could have done, any questions just let me know

Attachments

• one-way-to-turn-a-segmented-ring-pen(1).pdf
    370.7 KB · Views: 124
Thanks Bob, that does look a lot easier than I thought it would be. Not this weekend, already have plans. Maybe the next weekend though. I really want to try one.

They come out really nice. Make sure you sand both sides before gluing, you get a better fit and look

I was having a rough night last night and realized it was in the quote I made. Give me a slap on the head

I also just started turning pens as a complement to my segmented bowl turning. Attached is a version of a segmented pen. It is based on a slimline kit minus the center ring. Can you see how it is made?

Attachments

• P1010304.jpg
    P1010304.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
  • P1010305.jpg
    P1010305.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
Back