• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Program crash

J

Justin

Hello, I am testing out the demo version and trying to decide if this will work for me. I want to make an open painted segment tube with a closed segment rings on the bottom and top with parallel sides all the way up. When I use the profile view to create the bowl, it automatically adds a sloping bottom on the inside of the tube as well as a disk for the bottom. I went into the summary section to try to manually change some of the parameters to match what I want, and while doing this, the program crashed. It gave the typical "Program stopped working" dialog box. I tried to grab a screenshot, but I wasn't quick enough. This is on a Windows 10 box with eight processors and 8 gigs of ram. Am I attempting this correctly? I didn't see this addressed in the videos, but I might have missed something. Thanks,
Justin

I found another issue: if I open the program, click on the top of the tube in the profile view, and click in the bottom, I get an error message saying that there needs to be 6 control points. I click ok, and then the program crashes. I've attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• Crash.png
    Crash.png
    177.2 KB · Views: 4
Justin, the sloping bottom and the bottom disk are standard in Segment Pro, there are some changes coming this summer but right now it will not do a closed segment ring on the bottom. The amount of slope is determined by the second to the last point from the bottom the higher the point is from the bottom the more of a slope.

You can do what you are explaining in Woodturner Pro

Bob - thanks - I didn't understand the relationship between the two programs. So Segment Pro is a simpler version? I'll try out Woodturner Pro also. Thanks

Segment Pro will only do 95% of what Woodturner Pro. It was designed to make it easy for someone to start with. It's still a great program and it's what I normally use but right now has some limitations

Thanks - it seems like woodturner pro works great. I really like the painting function on the segment pro. It would be cool if you could go back and forth between the two. I just realized I posted this in the wrong spot. I saw software, but didn't see that it was under video tutorials. Please feel free to delete this thread, or move it as you see fit so that I don't clog up the board.
Thanks

Back