• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Stave

vrbradley

PRO Member
Its been so long i Forgot how to design a vessel using stave construction, anyone have a hint to get me started?
thanks, Brad

Hi V.
Your not alone. I forget things that I don't do often.
In WTP build your vessel. Remember default is a flat ring. Shown in the upper left of the screen. It is a drop down menu.

-Select the ring you want to be a "stave
- I suggest changing to cutaway view.
- change by using the drop down menu from flat to stave
- Note, the input changes, So you can input stave height, etc.
- Once done, the cut summary view will give you the miter angle and blade tilt to make the staves.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I found It and it's coming back to me. Now I remember a problem I had, once it is glued up, the to and bottom are not flat?

Vaughn,
I'll point you to a thread where there was some good discussion about Staves and Compounds which gives a method for creating Compound rings (typically short rings) which will have a flat bottom and top after cutting the segments. This will work if the ring is going to be short and the segments are made by cross-cutting boards. It will not work if you are going to make tall Stave rings where you cut the angles into long boards while ripping - similar to what you would do for making a stave drum.
Here's the link:
Title: Stave vs compound

Thanks, I'll check it out.. I would like them to be long but I'm concerned about gluing and grain direction..but being flat is important too.

Back