• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Saw-Stop

Bob Beaupre

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know how may of you use a Jerry Bennett saw-stop when cutting segments, but I made a small modification to mine when I was working on my 48 segment bow. It helps in making adjustments to to a smaller segment edge length by inserting a feeler gauge the thickness you want to reduce the segment length to. It also, helps closing in a specific length.
Picture attached

IMG_20161129_110325226_HDR.jpg

Good idea. Thanks for sharing

I still cut my segments using an Incra miter express. I built a stop block that attaches to the saws fence. It has a bolt at the end that I can do micro adjustments. Sorry no photo at this time.

This is a kool idea, can you explain the zero process..
I set the stop at say .25 from edge of drop off stationary table . and set calipers to zero.
then I cut a couple of segments out of scrap and measure them with hand held calipers.
what ever the actual measurement is (like .243 ) since table mounted calipers
reads + or - I back off table mounted calipers -.243 and the hit zero.
and proceed from there to the size I want.

I set the stop at say .25 from edge of drop off stationary table . and set calipers to zero.
then I cut a couple of segments out of scrap and measure them with hand held calipers.
what ever the actual measurement is (like .243 ) since table mounted calipers
reads + or - I back off table mounted calipers -.243 and the hit zero.
and proceed from there to the size I want.

Roger. Very clever, and thank you for sharing this.
As an absolute newbie to Segment Pro, I'm still having troubles understanding some of the concepts and references. I'm confused at a few of the references on the summary sheet.
The "Segment Edge Length" - is that the width of the segment that is on the outside of the bowl? Next, the Summary width column, is that the minimum width of the board I'm cutting into that particular row of segments? Finally (for now), the Lgth column - I'm majorly confused as to what that one is.
Finally, your calipers measure which part of the segment.
Thanks in advance to you, and everyone else here.

Roger. Very clever, and thank you for sharing this.
As an absolute newbie to Segment Pro, I'm still having troubles understanding some of the concepts and references. I'm confused at a few of the references on the summary sheet.
The "Segment Edge Length" - is that the width of the segment that is on the outside of the bowl? Next, the Summary width column, is that the minimum width of the board I'm cutting into that particular row of segments? Finally (for now), the Lgth column - I'm majorly confused as to what that one is.
Finally, your calipers measure which part of the segment.
Thanks in advance to you, and everyone else here.
you measure the "Segment edge length" the lgth column is length of strip needed to cut X amount of
segments

you measure the "Segment edge length" the lgth column is length of strip needed to cut X amount of
segments
Well, that's the issue. "you measure the "Segment edge length". I can't measure it since I don't know what it is. I don't mean to be so dense, but ... I guess I am. I'm sure it'll all fall in place eventually, but at this moment, it's a bit of a mystery.

Well, that's the issue. "you measure the "Segment edge length". I can't measure it since I don't know what it is. I don't mean to be so dense, but ... I guess I am. I'm sure it'll all fall in place eventually, but at this moment, it's a bit of a mystery.
the segment edge length (S.E.L.) is the part on out side of bowl ring.

Roger and Stuart - thank you! Both replies have helped tremendously.
Now to toddle off and start making things :)

Back