• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Build 1.1.024 - New Summary Page - Print and Export to .xlsx

Lloyd Johnson

Administrator
Staff member
The method by which the Summary Page information has been completely redone. It now creates a spreadsheet and the Print routine brings up a standard dialog box that allows you to customize print settings. For example, the default is for Narrow Margins on the side, but the top and bottom margins default to .75". You can select 'Custom Margins' and change all of the margins to whatever you like.

You will be shown a preview of the output and if you see that it exceeds the width of a single page, you can select the Scale option and scale the output to .90% (for example). You will see when it fits on a single page.

Next, you can click the 'Export' button and you will be prompted for your desired name of the .xlsx file which is, by default, saved in the My Segment PRO> Spreadsheets folder although you can change this to whatever you like.

Once the file is saved, it will automatically opened in Excel, or whatever Spreadsheet app you use that is capable of opening an .xlsx

Thanks Lloyd.
At first glance the program is running good. I like the export to spreadsheet function.

Thank You Sir, this is exceptional and greatly appreciated.

Now go take your well earned vacation.

We'll bug you about the other stuff when you get back. I still have items on my list! :)

Enjoy the vacation we'll take care of things here.

Thanks Bob and I know that you and the others will watch the store while I'm gone. However, I'll have internet and email access throughout the trip, so I'll just be in my home office away from home.

This is a good retirement business, as you can tell. For the most part, I can take it with me. My brother, Lyle, is going to fill Stomper orders for me this year so I am well covered.

Lloyd do you have a suggestion for syncing Segment PRO with two computers?
Right now I copy the Segment PRO directory from my main computer and file copy them back to my shop computer.

A cloud solution like OneDrive from Microsoft can sync multiple computers but that is the only solution I'm aware of and even then, I don't use it that much. I use it mostly for backup purposes. All of the technical side of my business is synched through a solution called Subversion using the TortoiseSVN client. It would also do what you want and can be a free solution. It works great when you have multiple programmers because you can both make changes to the same file and it will merge the changes.

For syncing files between two computers, though, you would simply do whatever you want on either computer and then Commit your changes and then go to the other computer and run an Update and all files will be synched.

It works great when you have multiple programmers because you can both make changes to the same file and it will merge the changes.

Great, you make your changes in imperial and I'll make mine in metric. The program can then merge them into cubits.

Found to good sync programs Microsoft SyncToy & FreeFileSync.
Both are similar but FreeFileSync is suppose to be faster.

I now have my main computer pushing the files down to my shop laptop. I have it only going one way as of right now I only use the shop laptop to view the Segment Pro files.
I have two directories synced the My Segment PRO in My Documents and the hidden Woodturner Pro directory in AppData

Back