• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
  • Due to a scam attack, the gallery is temporarily turned off. I am working to get this fixed but I have some other things that are higher prioriity. I do hope to have it back soon and there shouldn't be any changes to the content. At least, that is the hope.

G'day from downunder

I

Ian de Courcey

Hi Guys,
Been turning for a while but haven't done any segmented stuff yet but looking forward to giving it a go.
Hail from Townsville in tropical north Queensland and have lots of great timbers to use but mostly hardwoods so need lots of sharp tools :)
Cheers, Ian

Welcome to the forum, lots of experience here so if you have any questions feel free to ask, you surely will get your answer. If you haven't down loaded give it a try out the software they all have a thirty day trial.

Be aware segmented turning is very addictive.

Take a look at the follow along project you'll get a feel for what your getting yourself into :)

Welcome to the Woodturner PRO community, Ian. You join a long list of Australian users of the software, although I don't recall if there are any in your area.

My wife and I are making our first trip down under next month. Our only trip north with be to Cairns and fortunately it doesn't look like it was unduly affected by the typhoon. We're also going to Melbourne, Sydney and Ayers Rock before leaving for New Zealand.

Please don't be shy about asking questions and make sure you visit the new forum named 'Follow Along Projects' where you'll see a number of examples of beautiful projects being built start-to-finish. Here's a link to the forum:
Title: Follow Along Projects

Welcome to the Woodturner PRO community, Ian. You join a long list of Australian users of the software, although I don't recall if there are any in your area.

My wife and I are making our first trip down under next month. Our only trip north with be to Cairns and fortunately it doesn't look like it was unduly affected by the typhoon. We're also going to Melbourne, Sydney and Ayers Rock before leaving for New Zealand.

Please don't be shy about asking questions and make sure you visit the new forum named 'Follow Along Projects' where you'll see a number of examples of beautiful projects being built start-to-finish. Here's a link to the forum:
Title: Follow Along Projects

Thanks Lloyd, I'm looking forward to using the software and getting into the nitty gritty of it all.
Townsville is 350KM (220 Miles) south of Cairns and I did live there for a period a long while back. Very pretty area and some really nice timber is sourced from the area although most of the major logging has now been stopped. Make sure you call into Tolga Woodworks if you go to the Atherton Tablelands which is on a common tourist circuit from Cairns to Mareeba to Atherton and back again. They actually sell timber as well as many turned and crafted pieces which may tempt you :)
There is a lot to see there and I'd recommend you have a look at this site if you are not on a fixed itinerary. www.athertontablelands.com.au/ You will also hit the best weather for this area and I am sure you will enjoy your visit no matter what you manage to get up too.

Thanks for the link Lloyd, I will definitely have a look there.

Thanks also to all who have made me feel welcome on the forum.
Cheers, Ian

Back