• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

ring view - reversed from top down bowl view?

sgholman

PRO Member
using ver 1.1.019. ring view seems to be reversed from the view of rings when looking at a bowl from the top. or i'm loosing my mind which is perfectly possible.

Last edited:
The Ring View numbering on the PDF file matches the SegEasy plate numbering.

Relating that numbering to either the Paint page or the actual placement of the painted segments on the Bowl View is either going to be right or wrong, depending on the type of bowl you're building. If you build a bowl that you will view from the top the sequencing of the segments will be backwards from a bowl that you build that will be viewed from the side. In these two cases, you are either looking at the top side of the segments (top view) or the bottom side of the segments (side view).

The segments on the Paint Page are drawn the only way that I can draw them and maintain the speed necessary to paint high-segment-count vessels and so no changes will be made to it. If you want it to be backwards from shown, though, you can simply take a Print Screen of it and flip it horizontally in your graphics program.

sgholman,
I do mostly open segment and I just do a screen shot of the paint page and I work from that. I guess if I was doing closed segment I would us the ring view. But since I am applying my pieces one by one I'm also interested in the surrounding segments and making use I have my pieces in the correct order and in the the correct spot

thanks bob,
Lately i've been doing lots of open stuff. currently a 96 segment bowl. Just to make sure i often do a double check of the segments and start location, just to confirm i have the order and start locaton correct. while using the woodturner pro, i would lay out order using the ring view, then double check with a bowl view. that's when i discovered the difference. Many designs are reversible, so no prob, my current is not, so confusion. Now that i know what is going on and why, it is easy to deal with.

scott

Also do the same as Bob use paint screen shot to lay out order of segments I find looking at paint view easier being larger than the tiny segments in ring view with small diameter rings. Closed as well as open work good for me.

Back