• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Woodturner Pro and Sgmented Pro

pblack

PRO Member
Hi Lloyd,

I designed the same bowl in both programs and notice a big difference in two columns. Can you hep me understand the differences? Am including two jpg files showing the summary pages.

Thank you for your help.

Pete

Attachments

• Seg Pro.jpg
    Seg Pro.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Wood Pro.jpg
    Wood Pro.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 8
Hi Lloyd,

I designed the same bowl in both programs and notice a big difference in two columns. Can you hep me understand the differences? Am including two jpg files showing the summary pages.

Thank you for your help.

Pete

mfisherSuper ModeratorStaff Member
Is the open segment degree setting in WTP the same as SP. SP= 2 degrees? Can't tell from the jpg of WTP

WTP = 1.61 degrees and SP = 2.75 degrees
Not the miter angle for the segments ,
Sorry should have been more clear. In SP you have an open segment gap of 2 degrees, (bottom left in the bowl setting area. What did you have set in WTP (top right , project property settings, open segments are ? degrees)

That is what I can't determine from the jpg shot you posted. My WTP has a default of 4 degree gap setting .

Thanks, changing that to 2 degrees on WTP makes WTP 2.68 degrees and SP 2.75 degrees. That should be close enough for government work. It all the little things to watch for.....

Yep, I forget stuff all the time going from one program to the other.

Have a good one.

Thanks, Mike.

Peter, Segment PRO knows all about the SegEasy plates and whenever you change the segments to a number that is known match to one of the SegEasy plates, it automatically changes to the correct gap.
The gap in Woodturner PRO is a manual entry though. The reason for the discrepancy is that Woodturner PRO always used a percentage for the gap and actually still does. When I started using the SegEasy plates that uses degrees instead of percentage, I wrote an algorithm to convert the percentage to degrees and so the difference is a rounding error. It will not make a difference in the design, though.
Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd, always something new to learn. You are doing a really good job on the new software. I am enjoying the new learning curve. By the way, I saw a post that you are working on a new way to present the 'Summary' page. What is the time frame?

Work is going pretty good on the new Summary Page. I have to do a completely different method of setting the column widths on the printout and it's not as simple as I had hoped. I'll be gone for the weekend (my 65th birthday) so I won't be able to get back to it until next week. I'm sure I'll have a new build posted by late next week.

Hi Lloyd,

Thank you for the new information on the Summary Page, will be looking forward to seeing it.

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY! Have lots of fun.

Pete

Back