norman

Set 4 Oriental Bowls

Oriental bowls set of four, ranging from 140 mm diameter up to 180 mm in diameter

Set 4 Oriental Bowls
norman, Jun 17, 2017
    • Roger Meyer
      I really like these. nice design. Did you turn with "fillers" in open spaces or turn with the open spaces ??
    • norman
      Thanks Roger..... I turned them with open spaces
    • peter white
      They all look very good.
    • norman
      Thanks Peter.....You can vary the patterns a lot.
    • Jan Conradie
      Your Oriental bowls are really beautiful and striking. I have done several open segment bowls but have no idea how you made these. Are you telling? Please!
    • norman
      Thanks Jan..... To construct one of these I first rough turn a bowl leaving about 1in wall thickness, part off the top 1/3 for later use. Then I add the pieces of the pattern like building a brick wall using the dividing head on the lathe to get the correct spacing. When I finish building the pattern I then add the piece that I parted off the top, and turn the whole bowl.
      Hope this helps, have a go it's not as difficult as it sound and you can create endless patterns. Would love to see your end result.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Segmented Turnings
    Uploaded By:
    norman
    Date:
    Jun 17, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    204.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    900px
    Height:
    625px
    Aperture:
    f/3.2
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DSC-HX300
    Date / Time:
    2014:02:26 15:09:31
    Exposure Time:
    1/50 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 320
    Focal Length:
    7.29 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).