• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
Celtic Flask
Jan Conradie

Celtic Flask

The flask is 190 mm high and 66 mm wide. It is made of African White Pear and Imbuia. The Celtic Knot central section was made by gluing together six pieces of White Pear (25 mm thick) cut at 30° on two sides yielding a symmetrical tube 100 mm long and an outside diameter of 73 mm. This tube was cut whilst clamped in a jig on an arm saw set at 20° left of the normal square (90 °) setting of the saw fence. After each section was cut to within 1 mm of “right thru” Imbuia board (2.5 mm) was glued into the saw cuts. After setting the next cut was done etc.
Reactions: Tom Lohman
very cool, i would love to see some photos of the process of that feature ring, i like the form too it is very pleasing to the eye

Very nice. Did you start with a solid square piece of wood and create the Celtic knot in the normal way then add the segmented rings?

Stuart please read the section at the top where I describe how the hexagonal tube was first made before being cut to accommodate the Imbuia inserts prior to turning into a Celtic Knot form. The segmented rings (top and bottom) and solid base were then added to the Celtic Knot 'tube'.

Dang it, I have to do everything. Look at the pictures and read the words.

Sorry, I didn't see the description when I first looked at it. I think I scrolled down and saw Martyn's comment and then enlarged to the photo and missed them.

Media information

Category
Segmented Turnings
Added by
Jan Conradie
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device