Tom Lohman

4 Star

6.5” high by 9.25” diameter. Made with Maple, Wenge, Bloodwood, Purpleheart, Bubinga, Cherry, Yellowheart and Osage Orange. There are a little over 6,800 piece that make up this vessel, with 144 segments per row. Just having a little fun.

4 Star
Tom Lohman, Apr 27, 2017
Gerald Fields likes this.
    • mfisher
      Amazing work. Your craftsmanship is excellent.
    • peter white
      Incredible bowl colours and design.
    • Glenn McCarron
      Incredible work Tom. You continue to amaze me with your designs and execution of your pieces.
    • Bob Beaupre
      Another beautiful piece
    • Roger Meyer
      An other outstanding piece Tom
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      martyn
      wow! , beautiful well done
    • Rating:
      5/5,
      stuart johnson
      Terrific, I like the closed segment approach. It shows how you don't need to do open segment when painting a design. The design in the bottom puts the piece over the top.

One day when you don't have anything else to do :) will you show the step by step process you use when making the bottoms?
    • Brent Dalrymple
      Tom: Your designs and craftsmanship are always an inspiration. Great work!
    • russ braun
      6800 pcs Tom? You're slacking off! Just a perfect example of the sky is the limit! Segmenting is limitless! Your work continues to set the bar for the rest of us my friend! Thank you for that!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Segmented Turnings
    Uploaded By:
    Tom Lohman
    Date:
    Apr 27, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1,005.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2124px
    Height:
    2102px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).