• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
Kirks style bowl
Art Bodwell

Kirks style bowl

I attended Craig Kirks presentation at Tahoe and finally got around to trying the technique. I thought I'd start with something simple like this bowl rim to try it out. One thing I did differently is cut the convex portion on a bandsaw, not a router, and fine tuned the cut on the disk sander, using similiar jigs with an adjustable pivot point. Probably took longer but worked for me, at least for this project. Bowl is 10 1/4 " by 2 1/4", black walnut and maple. As with others, a big thank you to Craig for his creative development of the jigs that make this style possible. I hope to apply this technique to something a little different in the future. We'll see. C & C welcome and encouraged.
Reactions: John English
Art, Good looking bowl. I love the scalloped edge on the maple. I have been trying to make a reproduction of one of Craig Kirks Vases with a scalloped edge. I have been able to make a jig to create the outside arcs on my disk sander. The issue I have been having is with the dots, I have tried dowels and I don't get consistent tight joints. I saw in a article that Craig Kirks posted about the scalloped edge that he used tapered plugs, and that he had posted a article about the making of the tapered plugs called "Tight Fitting Hole Plugs. I have scoured the internet for that article but to no a vale. I was wondering if you learned his method in the class you took and could share it.

Thanks
John

Media information

Category
Segmented Turnings
Added by
Art Bodwell
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings