• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
Open-segment platter
Greg Bloxom

Open-segment platter

3.5 x 11.5, Padauk, Wenge, Pecan.
Reactions: Jawaid Hasan
A
Greg
That sure looks swell I must say. Not taking away from the beauty but it looks like what I seen on TV called a Rolette table. I do not know if I spelled it right tho. I like how the colors go straight down to.

Was it hard to keep it together on the bottom with the long open segments?

@Arlin Eastman Arlin: Thanks. It wasn't too bad with the assembly or glue-up. I'm thinking a closed segment version of this might be better, though. I'll give it a try and compare.

Beautiful bowl, Greg. I love the color combination.
I suspect you will find that you can make this bowl as an open segment bowl in much less time that a closed segment one. When I teach my workshops, we discuss all segmenting topics but we build an open segment bowl because everyone can have one done in two days where that isn't likely to happen with closed segment bowls.
Your results may vary. :->

Media information

Category
Open Segment Turnings
Added by
Greg Bloxom
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata