Chen

Cup

Finished today Cup. Material: Mahogany, birch, gleditsia, mulberry, walnut, silver sucker! Glue Titebond II transparent. Lac acrylic glossy. The diameter of 288 mm, height 108 mm.Thanks guys for a good program.

Cup
Chen, Jan 12, 2018
    • Lloyd Johnson
      Chen,

I believe you’ve found a new calling. This is a beautiful piece and is extremely well executed. I especially like how you’ve added closed segment elements such as the bottom two rows and this is an area that is usually neglected in turnings like this.

Well done! I anxiously await seeing where you go from here.
      Chen likes this.
    • Bob Beaupre
      WOW very nice, excellent work. Very much like the the bottom.
      Chen likes this.
    • mfisher
      Excellent open segment piece. Also like the bottom pattern.
      Chen likes this.
    • Chen
      Thanks for the feedback - I am very pleased to hear that. But I'll consider it an advance. Because I'm just learning. Lloyd or You, Bob, could you show how you do the bottom. I watched all the videos of your work, but it isn't there. I would love to see your approach to the formation of the bottom.The program Segment Pro is very good. I did a lot 3B plan. Now the challenge is to find a suitable tree and can be long to work. Good luck to You all!
    • Bob Beaupre
      @Chen
      I'm no expert here. The last few pieces that I have done had very small bases so they were one piece. I am in the process of working on a design and it will have a bigger base and will have a design to it. I will be posting it in the "Follow Along Projects" section of the forum
    • Chen
      thank you very much!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Segmented Turnings
    Uploaded By:
    Chen
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2048px
    Height:
    1536px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    SAMSUNG
    Model:
    SAMSUNG ES28 / VLUU ES28
    Date / Time:
    2018:01:12 19:04:18
    Exposure Time:
    1/4 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    6.6 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).